We're sorry to announce that we're postponing the opening of Oregon Coast 50k/30k registration until Thursday, April 30th. We've been working with local land managers since the end of last year's races to secure the needed permits for the 2015 races, and while we have approved permits from all of those agencies but one, we just this morning were alerted for the first time that there may be some issues with the last permit. As a result, we are not moving forward with the opening of registration until we are able to work out solutions to these potential issues.
We like to open our race registrations as early as we can so folks can make their travel plans and race schedules in advance, but we also always want to make sure that we don't take anyone's money or have anyone make travel reservations until we are certain the race permits will be 100% approved. We're optimistic that this final permit will be approved and that the race will go on as planned, but for now we're delaying registration just to be safe.
If we need to again delay registration past the end of April, we'll let you know; if for any reason the race is ultimately not approved, and we can't hold the Oregon Coast races we did last year in 2015, we will of course let you know that, too. For now, we remain optimistic, and are hopeful registration will open via UltraSignup as planned on Thursday, April 30th at 7:00 AM PDT.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and hope to see you all at the race this fall!